Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gas Inflation


I rolled into a gas station the other day and put in 7 gallons of gas and parted with $26 plus dollars. I had to pump the gas myself and clean my own windows. If you paid that much back in 1952 you would have expected to have your car washed and waxed and the tires rotated.
Have you noticed you can carry $100 worth of groceries in one hand. Gas cost more so they need to raise their prices to compensate for it. If you’re on the top of the totem pole it works out fine for you, but those of us on the low end of that pole have nobody to pass it on to. We’re headed for a logjam. Oh well, life goes on here in the fast lane.

1 comment:

Jimh. said...

TOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!! $100 of groceries in one hand and $100 of gas in the tank...and then the paper's late! (LOL!) It is gonna have to break somewhere...I just hope it isn't here.