Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's A Hobby







I am so glad I took the time to learn how to knit and crochet when I was in my youth, because I sure enjoy doing it now that I am in my antiquated years. I have a box full of baby blankets that I made. I’m still waiting for the Great Grand baby's to give them to. I sold a bunch of them on Ebay, but people are not in the market for baby blankets lately. I guess it’s not baby season yet. I became obsessed with making these funny little people and the other things. I down loaded a bunch of free patterns today from a website I found. So I can make a few more funny people and animals. If you are on my Christmas list you might get a weird gift from me. I’ll bet you’re excited with that news. It just dawned on me, I am exactly like my mother was in her old age. She made all kinds of things. I still have a cute little turtle that she made. The nut doesn’t fall far from the tree. It sure isn’t good blog weather and I need to get back to my crochet work.

5 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE the monster and the pink and yellow girls. .they kind of look asian..
Looks like you have fun doing these things..
Take care..

frogglet said...

I love them, I saw a couple the other day and was going to ask but them the subject changed and I forgot. I would be honored to have such a fabulous Christmas gift! You could probably sell on etsy better than ebay.

frogglet said...

oh I forgot to say you need some brown yarn :0)

Kelly said...

I love them!

Stephanie Frieze said...

My children's grandmother made baby blankets for every grandchild and great-grandchild (14 of each)with the exception of the youngest because she was too ill by then. We all have drawers full of kitchen towels with crocheted tops to button them to cupboard handles. At her funeral, one of her sons spoke of how precious those kitchen towels suddently seem.

Now about Christmas, my mother had a friend who made little people like the ones pictured here and one Christmas I received a Nativity set complete with manger and tiny baby Jesus which the cat ran off with every night.