Saturday, September 12, 2009

The End of Summer


Just a note to let you know I’m still among the living. Things are improving a little each day. Deena took me over to the Medi-Center yesterday to get treatment for a rash that has tried to take over my body. I also had a secondary infection and am taking the treatment and medicine for it. It’s a day later and I am finally beginning to feel human again.
Kenny (son) and Chris came over and spent a few hours with me today. It lifted me out of my slump. Kenny fixed the handle on my over door with JB Weld and we cannot test it for at least 24 hours. One of the pieces of plastic that had broken off had disappeared, but Chris didn’t give up until she found it. It was found by taking the oven drawer out and there it was. Chris had gone to a used appliance store because they can order parts for you. The lady told her the part would be $85.00. That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of, since you can buy a used stove for $100 or so. I hope the repair will work. He used the same stuff to glue a doll head back on the doll and my pot hound had lost one of it’s eyeballs so he glued it back in. If you have anything you need glued together just let Kenny know. He is the gluing handyman. While he was busy gluing everything back together Chris went to the store for me and I’m stocked up on more TV dinners.
I am fed up with this hot weather, but I don’t know who to address the complaint to. It's September and time for some fall weather. Bring on the frost and fall colors.

1 comment:

frogglet said...

I am ready for summer to be over too! Bring on the cool weather.