Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Speed Bump


My life doesn’t seem to be moving very fast lately, I seem to be in a holding pattern. Yesterday it rained off and on most of the day. It sure freshened up everything and we needed it. I don’t feel like standing on my feet and trying to cook much of anything so I have been living on TV dinners. They leave a little something to be desired. The pictures look great, but the finished product usually doesn’t resemble the picture. Some of them have a thimble full of desert, which is very good. That is about all I can say for them.
Now that I am down about as low as I can get everything is wearing out and breaking. My vacuum cleaner burned out a bearing or something. My recliner has decided it only has one position, and it’s straight up. My over door handle fell off in my hand. It is unfixable. My kitchen TV is acting crazy. Sometimes it won’t come on until I unplug it and plug it in again. Or it has nothing but static and I need to unplug it again. What causes that? My cell phone is plugged in and charging next to it. Maybe it’s interfering with it somehow so I moved the phone. Could they be like people and they just don’t like each other for some reason? I was able to turn on the TV this morning without a problem. Nancy, my daughter-in-law said her printer and computer are not on speaking terms. They just won’t communicate with each other. What’s with these stupid appliances, are they trying to run the world? Maybe they need to put a chip in them that says, " You WILL get along with your neighbor".
This is it for now.

6 comments:

Jimh. said...

My phone wasn't speaking to my computer at first...I found a program on line that made them best friends...come to think of it, it took about a dozen steps to get it installed...must be one of those twelve step programs... :-)

There are always those crockpot meals they sell in the stores...those are pretty good.

Stephanie Frieze said...

My mother is having trouble standing very long to cook, too. She like Marie Callendar potpies. They are loaded with fat, but hey she got to be nearly 87 and so maybe it should be all gravy now!

You'd better get busy with your Christmas list and get some new appliances! My aunt got a new microwave, but can't seem to learn to use it. When her daughter was hospitalized I don't know what in the heck she ate. Her daughter-in-law got Meals-On-Wheels delivered, but you need a microwave...

I hope your situation begins to improve very very fast!

Lorrene said...

I agree about the Marie Callendar potpies or anything she makes is pretty good. My mother also ate everything fattening and lived to be almost 94. She would eat 3 or 4 slices of bacon every morning and I am not stretching the truth.

Stephanie Frieze said...

So could my father who lived to be 80, but it was smoking that killed him, not the bacon.

Goofiernu said...

How strange. We've had quite a few things breaking around here, too. Two cars, a bicycle, a computer... VERY strange.
Hope things start looking up for you soon!

VRHrider said...

Hi, Grandma Lorrene-

I haven't popped onto your blog in a while--missed all of the excitement of your accident and your birthday! I'm glad that you weren't seriously injured in your accident--sorry that it was bad enough to make you hurt so much, though!

Happy Belated Birthday!

Wish I'd been there for the airshow. I haven't been to one in a long time. I spend so much time flying that I don't want to go to an airport when I'm off.

Karen
vrhrider.blogspot.com