Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Scam Rats



I just have to let you know about my lucky break in 2010.
I received an email from New Zealand. In fact it is from Sir Allen Smith. (Doesn’t it sound impressive) Sir Allen Smith, no less. An American sounding name.
This grease ball is on some Committee of foreign contract on payment notification from United Nations and USA government (yes, that is about how clear it is)

It is addressed to Attn: Lucky Beneficiary, (that must mean me) I am jumping up and down and clapping my hands. According to Sir Allen Smith, the USA Government, World Bank, and United Nations has approved to pay my part payment valued at $350,000 for 2010 fund approval.

The letter goes on and on and ends with a request for:
1) YOUR FULL NAME:
2) ADDRESS, CITY, STATE AND COUNTRY:
3) CONTACT TELEPHONE, FAX AND MOBILE:
4) COMPANY NAME (IF ANY) POSITION AND ADDRESS:
5) OCCUPATION, AGE AND MARITAL STATUS:
6) COPY OF ANY VALID FORM OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION

How can anybody fall for this garbage? It must happen or they wouldn't keep fishing. You would think if they are going to send me all this money they would at least know my name. It shouldn't take a PHD in Rat Smelling to know it's a scam.


No comments: