Sunday, April 25, 2010

Unbelievable

I have my Electric and Gas bill on the budget plan. It is averaged out and it just so happens that they both are the same identical amount, which is $59 a month. These bills are set up to come out of my bank on approximately the same day each month.

Somehow the gas bill kept moving up a day or so and last month it had moved up and was taken out two days before my payday. In fact I paid the gas bill two times in within 30 days. I was a tad bit irritated about it so I called the only number I could find. I got a recording that said, "I am away from my desk blah blah blah". I left my number and they never returned the call.

After about a week, I called them again, this time I got the option menu, which even had a number to speak to a representative. I was so ready to give them a piece of my mind about the bill being paid twice the same month and also their phone service. I think Mother Teresa answered the phone because she could not have been nicer. I was putty in her hands before it was over. She must have been trained to calm the savage beast because I pulled in my horns and we had a very nice conversation. She ended up lowering my bill to $50 a month.

Mother Teresa is now working for Cascade Natural Gas.




3 comments:

frogglet said...

good to know there are still some nice people working for the utility companies. Great job on your bill getting lowered.

babbler said...

We have a very nice lady who works at our utility company here at the coast. So nice in fact, that I went in to the office just to see I had been talking to. Now I run into her everywhere, at the bank, at the store, at the beach. Funny how that stuff works.

By the way, I love your blog, I always like to fetch myself a cuppa tea before coming over to visit! It is a pleasure to read.

Love, Mrs. Slug

Lorrene said...

Mrs. Slug,
You are the nicest Slug I ever met.I love your whole slug family too.