Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Books and Babies

Just when I was thinking nothing exciting ever happens to me. I had two nice things happen. Number one nice thing is my Great Grand daughter that is being adopted by Cora and Jim is really going to happen. Very soon!!!
They have approval to go get her and now need to set up a date. They have named her Chloe and we will soon be seeing many pictures of her I am sure.

The second thing to happen is a long story. At least a year ago I received an email requesting permission to use one of my blog stories in a book they were writing. You know how that goes. Is this for real?
So I wasn’t positive it was on the up and up, but I did respond and wrote a few more lines in the story. They said I would receive a copy. I put it on the back burner of my mind, but I thought of it a few days ago and was thinking, “ I knew there wouldn’t be a book, I guess their pipe dream didn’t work out”.
Imagine my surprise when I went to the mailbox a day or two later and there was the book. This is not just any old book, this is a real book. The forward is by Baroness Margaret Thatcher.

It is filled with short stories of folks that are 80 or older. It’s about what their life was like as they grew up. It is so interesting because the stories are from England, Germany, France and the USA. Many of the stories are how it was with them during World War11. And my story is among them, I can’t believe it. Oh how I would love to sit down and have a chat with each of them. They played the same games I did and some games I have never heard of. Most were much closer to the war than I was. How lucky I was to be and American during the war. They had some serious scary events happen to them.

The book is called “8000 Years of Wisdom”

http://www.amazon.co.uk/8000-Years-Wisdom-Octogenarians-Lessons/dp/1907016538/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287069168&sr=1-1


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it in the book stores now? If it is I will have to go get one.
Carol

Lorrene said...

They are sold in England. I doubt if they have them in USA.

frogglet said...

That is so cool! you are published again! we will have to figure out how to get a few copies over here.

Less than a month and I will be holding my daughter I am so excited!!

Jimh. said...

That's awesome! You are PUBLISHED! AND Margaret Thatcher wrote the forward?!? That;s is TOO COOL!!

Oh, and as for our news...YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie D. said...

Awesome Grandma! :) It does look like you can purchase the book on Amazon.com. I will have to do that when I get a little more money!!

Nina said...

Congratulations on both counts and A Very Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!