Sunday, February 12, 2012

Remembering Trent



This is a picture my grandson, Trent, drew of me when he was 3 years old.
When he showed it to me, I asked why are those yellow lines under my eyes. He said, “those are tears.”  I remember a creepy feeling came over me and I wondered if he had some kind of ESP. He had never seen me cry. He is 3 years old, why would he think about me having tears. 
Tomorrow would be his 39th birthday, but he died in a plane crash when he was 12. Shortly after his death I was gathering up his drawings to look at. I had saved some of them. By the time he died he was on his way to becoming a very good artist. When I came across the above drawing his prediction came true and more tears rolled. 


Our lives moved on and February 13, 2010, on Trent’s birthday, God sent me a Great Granddaughter. Her second birthday is tomorrow. Now the day has a happier meaning, but we never forget.
He always had a pencil in his hand drawing another picture.


The big birthday

He made this painting when he was 10 or 11.
 I couldn't get a very good picture of it. 



Now on a happier note this is the little cutie that was born on his birthday 2 years ago.
Happy Birthday Leah !!!!

4 comments:

Keri said...

beautiful post.

Kelly said...

Happy birthday to Leah - she is such a cutie!!

Love you,
Kelly & Shawn

Anonymous said...

Dear Grandma (and Great Grandma),
We love you so much! Leah loved the cards that you sent her in the mail. We will have to Skype soon, Leah still talks about it. =)
Molly

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. God Bless

Sue