Saturday, October 18, 2014

Hospital Surprise

I recently had a medical problem, and spent one night in the hospital. Hospital care is expensive. I received a notice from my insurance company today, and the total cost with all the test that were taken it came to a little over $8000.00. Everything was itemized, and at the bottom it had a line that said, Amount you are responsible for is $.01
I thought it was kind of interesting. I can probably afford it, but I can't afford the stamp it will take to mail it in. 
The hospital has improved their care beyond belief. I can't complain about anything. I won't even complain about the one cent charge.








2 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Isn't that the truth! Gas is coming down. Perhaps you can drive the penny over to the hospital. Ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better.