Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Aching Back

The medical world is the busiest place in the world. I called for an appointment with my doctor, but he was booked up so they asked if I would mind seeing the PA (whatever that stands for) Physician Assistant? Physician Apprentice ? I think it means they are just as good as a doctor but don't get paid as much.
There must be a need for more Physical Therapists because I have waited for nearly a week to get set up with an appointment after the doctor requested it. I finally get impatient and call them. At least I didn't get a menu of options, Heather answered the phone and was very helpful. She said a couple of their therapist are on vacation and I can't get in until August 1st. That's okay with me, at least now I know I am on the waiting list.
The doctor said my back went out because my front went out. Nah, he didn't really say that I figured it out myself. I was able to lose a bunch of weight. It was the only good thing that came out of having Shingles, but I don't recommend Shingles. It took away the aching back except when I use a vacuum cleaner. Why can't they make a riding vacuum cleaner? Anyway, I'm not seeing the PT about my back. I now have leg a problem with walking being the main problem. What else do you do with your legs? 



1 comment:

Stephanie Frieze said...

I think a lot of healthcare professionals are overworked. I fell and broke my sunglasses. Target won't make new ones for me. They claim my prescription is out of date. For Pete's sake, I see the ophthalmologist every five weeks and he tests my sight once a year. But he didn't write a prescription so now I need to get them checked again. Arg. I hope you get yourself straightened around soon so you can enjoy life!