Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sick of Winter

Winter blew in with a vengeance and doesn't seem to have any plans on leaving anytime soon. We do need some wind to blow out some of the smog, fog, and other disgusting elements. Ugly snow decorates the terrain. The temperature stays in the freezing range day and night. It starts getting dark at four o'clock.
It's a recipe for depression. 
Nothing exciting to watch on TV.  "Say yes to the dress" does not entertain me. I'd rather watch an old rerun of Daddy Longlegs. I was on board when TV came on the scene. Yakima only had three channels as I recall. It didn't matter what it was we watched it. No TV remote. If you wanted to watch something different you had to get off your butt to change the channel, but that wasn't as challenging for me as it is today. 
It'll soon be Spring and we can start complaining about all the pot-holes in the street, and other little annoying things. 
I just killed some time doing this so I feel better now.
No rhyme or reason for this photo.
He was my new husband in 1946.

No comments: