Saturday, April 8, 2017

When We Lived on the 60

Eons ago when I was about 10 years old I lived with my parents and four siblings in a small NO bedroom house in Oklahoma. It was located on a hill; by Washington state standards it would be called a bump. Anyway, we lived on this bump and it was in the country. The place had a name, it was called The 60. We had no pets or nearby neighbors. The nearest thing to a pet was a few snakes that hung out on a rocky ledge that overlooked the countryside. My oldest brother, who was my worst enemy at that time had found a stray dog, it was a big white dog. I didn't happen to know about the dog yet, and one night I was sitting in the corner by the table and a window without a shade. It was pitch dark outside when Cecil said, "look out the window".  The dog had jumped up with his paws propped up on the window. All I saw was the eyes of the dogs staring right at me. I screeched and almost turned the table over trying to get away from that window. I can still hear him laughing, Cecil, not the dog.
Now, that I am old, I remember the most ridiculous things.

No comments: