Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Ed is Dead

 This is a true story. A grumpy lady was hired to answer the phone in a car repair business down in Union Gap. One of the mechanics named, Ed, passed away. From what, I do not know. He was very busy and had many people calling and asking for him. The grumpy old lady had few words for anyone so when someone would call and ask for Ed, she would answer, " Ed is dead" and hang up. Chris told me this true story. We were going to an afternoon dance for the tired retired folks and sit around a big table while waiting for someone to ask you to dance. One day a couple asked if they could sit at our table and said his name was Ed. Chris looked at me and I looked at Chris. Chris knew what I was thinking and I knew what Chris was thinking. We were mistaken, Ed wasn't dead. 

No comments: