Thursday, August 16, 2018

Just Some Thoughts.

Old people tend to be called old fogeys, codgers, old men, old women, old farts, oldsters, grumpies.
Oh well, first your money then your clothes. An old adage like that can date you or calling a refrigerator an ice box will remove all doubt. Yesterday a young lady in my lunch date with friends was telling us about a business she was dealing with on the phone and they had told her she would need to send them a check for something. A check? in the mail? She didn't have any checks.
One day recently on Facebook in a crocheting web site someone asked how long we had been crocheting and my answer was since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Someone responded that she had not heard that one for a long time and another one asked what it meant.
I have never cared if anyone knows how old I am.
I think another sign of aging is the time you go to bed at night. Babies and toddlers want to stay up all night and the old ones go to bed by nine or earlier. I go to bed before nine sometimes, but I get up with the chickens (that means chickens get up early) I don't know if that's true or not. I lived on a farm once but I didn't notice what time the chickens went to bed.
Well, this is all that's new from my view.
Goodnight all and don't count your chickens until they are hatched.