Thursday, November 15, 2018

Old Age Issues

Life slows down so you can get off at your exit.  For whatever reason I'm still here, but I've slowed down and I am not looking for my exit as I'm in no hurry to leave. Maybe if I knew what the next phase is like I could get a little more eager about leaving.
  The only thing I have to get excited about is not having anything on my calendar to go to. 
Chris takes me to appointments and we eat out now and then. I look forward to that part of it. She has a car that is quite a challenge. In the Summer weather it has no A/C and in the Winter it has no heat. It is so high off the ground I need an elevator to get into it.  I can bail out of it without a parachute. It never has a reverse gear. Be careful where you park. I can't help her push because the one time I helped I ended up with a bad shoulder. It took awhile to get over it. 
I'm a slow learner, but I am learning. I'm learning what the word 'depression' means. 😢
Memory is another problem. I once read about a Minister that asked an old lady of she ever thinks about the hereafter. She said, "Oh yes, every time I go into another room I ask, what am I here after?
This is where I lived when I was in the happiest period of my life.
The residue on the ground is ash from when Mt Saint Helen's erupted. For 
some reason it ended up in Yakima. What a mess it was. It smelled like sulfur.
Everyone wore mask's. A bank had a sign on door to remove mask when entering.

No comments: