Monday, November 5, 2018

Wait is the Name of the Game


If you wait long enough almost anything will go away on it's own. I had developed an itching on my shins and waist that was driving me nuts so I let the doctor know and he sent a script to my pharmacy. Since it was Friday it wouldn't be ready for pickup until Monday or Tuesday. So I itched my way through the weekend and now it's Monday and I have no itch at all and I'm sure they will be calling to let me know it's ready for pick up. The Doctor had told me he thought it was the side effects of a pain pill I had taken. I know I have had that problem with pain pills before but I took a chance that it wouldn't bother me this time. I had also ordered an OTC salve for itching and it arrived today. I have no itch to try it out on and I am overjoyed about that. 
So evidently the doctor was right, I was allergic to it. Live and learn, I'm ninety and still learning something. Listen to the doctor the next time. An old joke in case you haven't heard it.





No comments: