Sunday, March 24, 2019

Ancient History


This is a picture of my only friend at that time in my life.
I labeled the picture "My Prison Cell"



I think everyone that knows me already knows I left my home that I was born into and married a man I barely knew and moved to another state many miles away. I was a mere child of 17.
 I called it homesick at that time, but now I realize it was a deep depression. 
We lived in the little shack shown above. 
My new husband went to work early in the morning and I did not get up and make his breakfast which was unheard of in that era, to not make the breakfast and lunch for your husband.
He didn't care and made his own breakfast and lunch. I did not get up until 11 AM because it was when the mail was usually delivered. The only thing I cared about was getting a letter from home. I would be up about an hour and took a nap which lasted most of the afternoon. The letters didn't come very often. I wept and slept the time away. I remember thinking people in prison, at least know when their term will be up. 
The thought of a divorce never crossed my mind because I loved my husband and I knew he loved me. There was just never enough money to buy a train ticket. Traveling by train was the normal way to travel at that time. I had no transportation to get a job. Wives were homemakers and seldom worked in those days.
Well, as you all know I lived through it, and he had the audacity to die at 70 years of age and leave me. It's been another 29 years and I'm still sitting here like a bump on a log.
The friend in the picture died many years ago.
A few years ago I drove by the house and parked and as I sat there looking a crying fit came over me and I couldn't stop crying.

The last time I looked for the house, I found the roads have been changed in the area and it must have been destroyed or moved.

 
This was taken when we lived there.



I would like to add a footnote to this story. It is one of those out-of-body experiences that most people will say, was my imagination. I think most people will not share this type of thing for fear of being called a looney tune. It happened whether anyone wants to believe it or not.
One night I was awaken sitting in the middle of my bed and locked in a lovers hug with my husband. He was actually here sitting on the side of my bed and we were hugging . He was  here and I was overjoyed, as I was scooting over  so we could lie down, swoosh he was gone. I know he was here. I had a feeling of euphoria for several days after. This is definitely a true experience. I have only shared this with one person.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our loved ones never leave us they are watching over us and yes sometimes they talk to us, and we feel them. Trent saved me when I had a house fire, he pushed me updtair where I found the wall by the chimney on fire.