Thursday, October 17, 2019

Greed and Such

I just made a homemade vanilla flavored coffee drink. Starbucks has nothing to fear about my competition. It isn't too bad but I'd rather have the real McCoy. I wonder how that expression came about. What did McCoy know that no one else knew? Sometime when I have a lot of time on my hands I'll research it and let you know. 
If it wasn't for my neighbor I wouldn't have any excitement at all. She woke me from a nap to let me know the mail had not come yet. Then she interrupted my lunch to deliver it to me which is fine, but I really don't give a rat's buttox if I get mail or not. It usually goes straight in the trash can. At least it makes a job for the Garbage collectors. I appreciate her bringing the mail to me. She is a good neighbor. So don't think I am just a grouchy old woman!
My pharmacy called and give me some delightful news, my prescription is ready for pick up so I asked the cost because I will have someone pick it up. I almost went into cardiac arrest, it is a mere $183.60. I'd have to rob a bank to pay for it and I'm just not up to it at this time. It has something to do with an itching problem. I itch from the top of my head to my toes and it could be an allergy, dry skin, or who knows what, but the medicine would probably take care of it. They are going to contact the doctor. Hopefully, they have a generic that will be reasonable. She prescribed two meds and the other one is $35.00. May the people responsible for the price of itching medicine get the seven-year itch!

I miss the wonderful life I had during that time.
Aha Deenie Weenie looked it up for me.
"The real McCoy" was the inventor Elijah McCoy, born in Canada in 1844. He had many different inventions including an ironing board and a lawn sprinkler. Other companies copied his devices, but these never worked as well as Elijah's so people would say, "I want a, and make sure it's a real McCoy."

3 comments:

nothoughtsnoprayersnonothing said...

I have been trying to get a friend to start a blog but she didn't think she had anything to write about.
I am sure if she read your blog she might start. You can take simple everyday doings and turn them into an entertaining and often hilarious post.
We don't need an audience of 100. If a few -- even 1 person enjoys or finds value in what we write that should be reward enough. I enjoy your thoughts and outlook.

(I'm not sure I have anything to offer except silly poems and some songs I sing.)

Lorrene said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I do exactly as you say, I write about the mundane and insane and whatever floats into my mind.

nothoughtsnoprayersnonothing said...

I'm just glad my mind has a little buoyancy left to float those ideas!