Saturday, October 26, 2019

More Ramblings

When I was a kid the only movie you saw was in a theater. Television wasn't here at that time. I would go to a movie on Saturday afternoon if I could beg a dime from my Dad. Before the movie began there would be a News announcement. They would announce things that were going on in other countries and I was fascinated with it. The news reel was as much fun as the movie. 
The movies I saw were usually a cowboy movie as we called them at the time. Shoot em ups!
Guns blazing and men staggering out of the saloon, not because he was drunk but because he had just been shot. Talk about gun smoke, we have a killing every few days around here. There was even some talk about making backpacks for the school kids bulletproof. I think it was shot down (pun intended) as being a little ridiculous.
Chris and I went for a drive yesterday to see all the beautiful fall colors. Bright green trees with gold and orange trees scattered everywhere. 
She took me to Wallyworld so I could buy some yarn. If I didn't know how to crochet or work a crossword puzzle I'd go all the way nuts. I'm only halfway there now. Quite frankly I don't give a hoot about movies. Who said 'Quite frankly I don't give a damn'?  I know someone said it!



2 comments:

nothoughtsnoprayersnonothing said...

I probably saw some of the same movies you did. Always went to a Saturday movie .... if I did my chores at home.
Haven't been to a theater over 40 years. Stay away from crowds.

Chris Lally said...

Movies - I wouldn't contribute a penny to the sleaze in Hollywood. A great drive with family or friends & some yarn keeps things real:)