Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Back In The Day

Back in the day we slept on this kind of bed and thought nothing of it. Look at my dark hair and back in the day I sure didn't dye it. Back in the day I could sleep 16 hours a day and thought nothing of it. Now If I sleep four hours I consider it a good night. 
Back in the day all you had to worry about was the rent money and the car payment. In that day you had to search long and hard to find a place to rent. It was about 1946 and the war (WW2) had just ended and it seemed that the whole world was searching for a place to rent. Most landlords didn't have to advertise a place for rent, they just hung a 'For rent' sign on the place and had to wait a  few minutes and they had it rented. This was a two room cabin in a trailer park. I think it cost Thirty dollars a month. It was furnished with a card table for the kitchen table and old rickity bed and a couple kitchen chairs and one ancient Chest of Drawers. I hadn't bothered to learn how to cook when I was a kid.  I was still a kid so we ate a lot of Campbells soup. 
My husband was a smoker and I thought that was pretty cool so I took up the habit. My brain wasn't fully developed yet. 
Our next door cabin neighbor was Engel. We got aquainted and upteen years later our daughter, Karen,  married their nephew, Dennis Engel. Oh, what a tangled web we weave when we practice to conceive. 
Life has gone on and I am about ready to bail out of this train.
You can't walk outside or you might get a virus. We didn't know what a virus was back in the day. 
If you must go outside try to hold your breath and don't get within six feet of anyone. 
This is it. It's all she wrote. Till next time.

No comments: