Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Plumber Issues



Last night when I was doing the dishes the drain in one of the sinks wouldn't drain. The other one was sluggish but not as bad. So I got out my little book regarding such things. The name of the book is Talking Dirty by the Queen of Clean. I look up drain problems and the Queen said to pour one cup salt down the drain and one cup of baking soda and follow with a kettle of boiling water. So I did and it spit and sputtered around, but I needed a plunger to get it started. I do not have a plunger for the kitchen sink so I went to Ace Hardware. It is just a hop skip and a jump from here. I walk into the store and Ace has all these eager beaver dude's all over the place wanting to help. I told him I needed a plunger. I also told him I had poured in a cup of salt and a cup of soda and a kettle of boiling water. He busted out laughing and said "that isn't going to work, you need some of this". They have about 50 varities of drain cleaning products. He handed me one and I looked at the ingredients and read to him. It says "ingredients are salt, baking soda and boiling water". He started laughing again. I finally decided he might know best so I bought the stupid stuff and he finally found a good plunger. I came home and used the plunger on the sink with the water in it and Swoosh away it went. The drain is clean as a whistle and I have an unopened bottle of Liquid Plumer Gel for sale.

That Queen knows what she is talking about. I have always used that method on the kitchen sink because it is usually built up grease and that is all you need to clean it out. You should use it when the sink starts getting sluggish and don't wait until it's a full blown problem.

No comments: