Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Called Body Art

Kids are so dumb between the age of around 14 to 20. That goes for girls and boys. Yet, they think they are the smartest things on two legs. For instance my 16-year-old grandson keeps having larger rings put into his earlobes to stretch the holes bigger. He now has holes large enough to put his little finger through. He thinks it’s the coolest thing since skateboards were invented. I tell him when he grows up and becomes the minister of a church, he will be embarrassed by those huge holes in his ear lobes. His answer, “No problem, Grandma, because I am never going to be a minister of a church”. My answer, “Well, that wouldn’t surprise me that much, but you might work in a bank or some other business place that might even hesitate to hire you because of the weird earlobes; even your own kids might laugh at you. His answer, “Well, it’s my body and I can do what I want to.” It's a phase they go through. It  lasts a long time. Not like the terrible twos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally can't stand those big earrings and the damage they do to your earlobes. They'll regret it when they're older.

Sue

Unknown said...

They don't see the trouble now but they will live to regret it.

Jimh. said...

That's why, as a parent, you make sure they have all the good sense to make appropriate decisions that you can. Plus, my darling daughter isn't dating until she's 31! I only have 29 years to begin gathering the most menacing guns to clean at the kitchen table when her suiters come calling. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

you will need it Jim !!!! I think thats the way our son thought, Rodney Sr.about Anna.
Aunt Carol