Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Computer Age



How the world has changed since the age of the computer. The entire world knows everything in a matter of seconds. One suspected murderer becomes the proverbial mountain in a matter of hours.  Back BC (before computers)  law enforcement  and the courts took care of murder issues. Now the world decides who is guilty and it may be getting close to a Civil war.  I am also guilty. I posted my opinion online. 
Is it a good thing, or is it a bad thing? Will this public uproar change anything? I think it may do just that. 
BC we missed out on a lot of things. How many knew how to keep your bicycle seat from being stolen?
I happened to stumble on this solution, so I thought I would pass it on. I don’t know who thought of it. 
I was sick of having my bike seat stolen- solution: 1 old inner tube 1 old bike chain you can insert the chain into a sleeve made of tube then loop through both the saddle's supports and the bike frame and then reconnect the 2 ends of the chain. This will prevent your seat from being taken (hopefully) and the tube will protect the metal chain from scraping the bike's paint. Works wonders! Cost: nada.

 I also found this exciting news:
Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a 
piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
And this:
The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player
for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola. Didn’t you always want to know that? 
Or this:
An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman
to take more than three steps backwards while dancing!
   (It should be okay if she isn’t drunk)
How about this:
In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... "goodnight, sleep tight."

With that I am going to say, “goodnight, sleep tight.” First I need to go pull on the ropes. 



No comments: