Sunday, December 30, 2012

Time Does Not Wait



Now we are going paperless. The wheels of progress never slow down. First it was the Pony express, and then it was the Postal Service, now its Electronic mail. On my last visit to the Doctor’s office I received a web address and a pin number. I came home and set it up. I now have access to my medical record with that doctor, and can make an appointment or cancel one on line. It shows my blood pressure and weight, and other things. I think it’s great. Lowe’s also has a setup like that. When I bought a new hot water heater, the clerk told me how to set it up. Now I can go to the website and see when I bought the heater and how much I paid for it. Don’t you sometimes wish you remembered how old an appliance is? I know we can keep those records in a file, but this eliminates the paper, and all those binders (with or without women)
 Now if they could develop an electronic method to rid your house of the excessive junk it would be a perfect world. I'm trying to get rid of my collector items. My collector items seems to be old towels, dish towels, sheets, and even underwear. Why do I keep those things forever? I know I can't take them with me when I die, but just in case...
I am working on it and am slowly, very slowly moving things to the throw-away bag and box. I have a box of old books in the Van to deliver to The Goodwill. They've been there for a few weeks, but I have good intentions. 




3 comments:

Jimh. said...

I'd rather steer away from your underwear, but if you have an old camera or two around, I'd not turn you down...

cinderella said...

Dear Lorrene,
I love your blog, reading your stories makes me smile and gives me happiness!
I wish you all the best for the new year - health and love

Steffi from Germany

Stephanie Frieze said...

I LOVE being able to email my Group Health doctors. I don't know how well they like it because I complain if something irritates me. They may resend my privilages, but on the other hand I tell them when I'm happy, too. I'm with you on being able to zap our extra junk away. I've got a closet full of stuff waiting to go to Goodwill. I just need to load it into the car and do it!