Thursday, April 14, 2016

Living Proof

It's a good day because I slept really well. I gassed up the 26-year-old Tin-Lizzy and can you believe the nozzle would not go into the gas tank; something was blocking it. I tried and tried and tried and finally put the cap back on and closed the door. I decided if I start over maybe it'll work this time. Sometimes you just have to rely on magic if you want to get something done because that time it worked like a charm. By then the gas pump thought I was through messing around with it so it said, “Thank you for your service.” I had to run the card again. Well, since I had a tad bit of energy left I went to Walmart to pick up kitty litter for my feline. While there I thought I should pick up a few essentials such as candy, cat toy, coffee drink. I brought the cat toy home and put it on the floor and told Sassy it was her new toy. She stuck her nose in the air and walked right past it; didn't even sniff at it. It's a see-through ball big enough it won't roll under the couch and it has a dead mouse in it that should squeak, but it doesn't or maybe I just can't hear it.
I take advantage of my good days so I am doing laundry. I thought this would be a good day to wash my sheets so I did. When the sheets got dry I put the bottom one on and by then I had to rest a spell. When I went back to finish making the bed I couldn't find the top sheet. I looked in the bedroom because I was sure I got both out of the dryer. When I can't find something within fifteen minutes I am convinced someone stole it. Who the heck would sneak out of the house with a sheet. You just never know! Stranger things than that have happened. Well, the day moved on and I forgot about the missing sheet. Then the next batch of laundry was done so I got it out and took it to the bedroom. That was when I saw the missing sheet was on the bed. How could a sheet put itself on the bed. Hey, I'm living proof that it happened. Oh well, the memory goes. Everything else has already left. 
A very old photo of Dad, Mom, Me, Carol



1 comment:

Stephanie Frieze said...

You are not alone. I do things and forget I did or think I did something only to discover that I didn't.