Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Whole Fam Damily

This is an old draft of a post that I don't think I ever published. Today, Thursday April 18th, 2019, just happens to be the same day of the week and my life sounds identical to this. Polly mowed the grass and I sat in the rocker all day.

 It's just a lonely Thursday afternoon and feels like Sunday, but Polly, my neighbor, is mowing the lawn so I know it's Thursday afternoon.  I keep looking at old pictures lately. Mainly of my family. The family I missed so much when I was young and dumb and left home to marry the love of my life. 
At one point it was eight years between trips home. I never stopped missing them. and I find that since I am now a bonafide, over-the-hill has-been, I relive a lot of my past in my mind. I think if I had been a little older or more mature I would have done things a little differently. We all gradually grew older. One by one I lose another family member. 
Now there are only four of us left. One little brother followed me out here.
Just in case someone that doesn't know, my family lives in or around Glencoe, OK and I live in Yakima, WA.
Here are a few photos. 
This is Bennie and Carol, my siblings. I don't think I ever visited when they lived in that house. 



A five generation picture. Left to right is Ione Potter,
Levi Reddout. Cecil Wilson, Letha Lockwood
Baby is Maxine. Maxine was adopted by an aunt and uncle and we have lost all contact with her. 
Cecil, Ray, Lorrene, Bennie, Hollis, Gene, Carol
Bud and I and his brothers and spouses and Sister and her spouse. 



3 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Your remembering keeps them alive. I hope you write more about your life. I always enjoy reading about that.

Stephanie Frieze said...

Your remembering keeps them alive. I hope you write more about your life. I always enjoy reading about that.

Unknown said...

Thank you for these pictures. Now I can show my kids where they come from.