Thursday, October 11, 2007

Old Age and Amnesia


Old age does strange things to your memory. I forgot to put on a coat today when I went to get my flu shot. I went to the Senior Center for the shot and the room was full of us oldies. We were sitting at tables waiting our turns and I overheard one old lady say to her friend "Now how did you happen to remember that, normally you can't remember anything". For some reason it cracked me up so I shared how I forgot to wear my coat and that sort of broke the ice. Everybody started telling the latest stupid thing they didn't remember. We were having a blast. Then they called number 41 and I had to go get my shot.

2 comments:

frogglet said...

I forget stuff all the time but the worst time is when you forget if you just done something. I have called work on the way home a hundred times asking if I remembered to shut my door, useually it is shut. They must think I'm a real bright one.

frogglet said...

If you don't have the letters then you can get spam comments. I didn't have them at first and I got a really weird comment so I added them.