Monday, December 22, 2008

Public Apology

I made the local newspaper without being arrested. I am flattered beyond words that they thought others would be interested in my blog. Nearly 400 people viewed it the first day. When I started this blog I honestly was naïve enough to believe only my family, and people I sent the blog to would ever read it. Needless to say I was not very discriminatory with what I said about anything. I have poked fun at almost everybody in town. With that said, let me make a public apology to the following victims.
Doctors
Office clerks
Beauty Shops
Paper Carriers
Neighbors
Medical Suppliers
By Standers
Dogs and Cats
Weatherman
Fiesta Food
Albertson’s
Fence People
People who live in the desert
People who live in the arctic
Pepsi Cola Drivers
Relatives
Missourians
Fishermen
Wal-Mart dot com
Wal-Mart
TV People ( and by the way, you still owe me)
Internet Server
Court System



11 comments:

frogglet said...

Are you sure you got everyone? :0) You crack me up.

Keri said...

I adore your blog. I smile every time I read it!
I'm glad 400 people are reading your blog, but don't you dare change a thing because of it!

Jimh. said...

I love your blog Grandma! My favorite on your list was By Standers! ou brought ters to my eyes I was I was lughing so hard!

Jimh. said...

I just want you to write a scathing post to my keyboard, which made that last comment illegible! It should say YOU brought TEARS to my eyes, I was laughing so hard!

E said...

Yeah I think Jim was really drinking when he wrote that comment, but you do make us all laugh. :)

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

There is a blog award for you at my Custom Blog Designs blog.

Eli's Lids said...

This is too funny! Found your blog through another blog!! Your frustrations have made me smile. I'm going to tell my grandmom to blog. She is the only one in my family that reads mine... ha ha ha. Here is a post I did about her, you might enjoy it: http://elislids.blogspot.com/2008/10/tribute-to-betty-rose.html

http://elislids.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

More apologies may be necessary... I just interviewed Lorrene for CNN Radio, so the blog is likely to get even more attention. Thanks again for your time today, Lorrene... it was fun talking to you!

Carol said...

I can hardly believe that my own menopausal musings (http://northwestladybug.blogspot.com) from over here in finally-rainy Seattle don't represent the oldest Pacific Northwest lady blogger around! And actually, I think the Seattle P-I lied; there's NO WAY you're 80!

I love your style, both literary and otherwise, and am so grateful to have been introduced to you. May I add you to my Google Reader, please?

I'll be back to visit often, Lorrene! Would be most honored if you'd pay me a visit sometime too!

Carol

Mari said...

I read about your blog yesterday in a Twitter post and I was hooked. Good for you! Your content is great.

Anonymous said...

Ditto for me too. Although I have only started blogging. I'm am confident I will offend persons and things in the future.
Thanks for being an inspiration!