Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chicken News





Why did the chicken cross the road? I wanted to answer this age old question in a cartoon, but you are not allowed to borrow others art work because it might be copyrighted, so I make my own.
Don't make fun of my chicken. It sort of looks like a chicken, don't you think? You are so blessed because I do not have a copyright on it.
On to more mature subjects.
The weather has returned to normal. I just stepped out to go get my mail out of the box and the air show started. I live a few miles from the airport, but they fly over the house, of course. What a noise! it makes you want to run for cover. I was fascinated with it and hope they do it again. Don't ask me what kind of airplanes they are. You'll need to ask Jim, the plane person. He is my grandson-in-law. He is an artist and I know he could draw a better chicken, but he would probably put a copyright on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, your chicken is first class. I am a real art critic and you did the best job ever with the fewest strokes. I love your doughnut/donation story and have lived it before. The donation is much healthier than the doughnut, so let things stay the way they are. You are so multi-talented and if you doubt that, I have you bookmarked by CNN!

Lorrene said...

Thank you for the nice compliment. I am in shock. I agree about the doughnut, but I would have eaten it without too much guilt.

Stephanie Frieze said...

A. is right. I'll bet that's a better chicken than many you'd find in a gallery.

I always enjoy the air show at Tacoma's Freedom Fair on the 4th of July. Of course I don't live near where they fly and might feel different if I did.

frogglet said...

Great Chicken! and you can take Jim's drawings any time, I'll let ya.