Friday, January 1, 2010

Whatever

The pictures I've seen of the Detroit Bomber looks like he is in a trance and has never come out of it. I know this sounds very crazy, but is it possible to put somebody into a trance and make them do something?
Has anybody ever used that as their defense when they go to trial. I remember Flip Wilson used to say, "The devil made me do it." That is a funny line, but there is a lot of truth in it. If the truth was only known.

Just my two cents worth for today...............or maybe three cents worth.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well his butt is burning that forsure. Thats called hot butt. Happy New Year from us to you.
cjr

Stephanie Frieze said...

The thing that makes the situation so fatiguing is not that someone believes in their righteousness enough to kill and die for it, but that this young man is not the usual suspect. Like Bin Laden he is a child of privilage. If a well educated person who has been exposed to democracy and Western thinking can still decide to committ such a terrible act means education alone will not be enough to prevent radicalization.

Jimh. said...

I think no one should kill for their beliefs...takes too many sons and daughters and mothers and fathers from families who need them. But, maybe as I age I am becoming more of a pacifist.

...not that I would not kill to protect my loved ones...I surely would and with more vengeance than your average Muslim could put into a bomb.

I don't think he was in a trance...probably suffering from fist degree burns to his privates and wondering how that's gonna go over with 72 virgins.

It may have something to do religions and the people who take each sentence for the law, and believe fanatics when they put their own spin on it...I don't know, never understood it.