Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dining Out

Today I picked up my prescriptions and since it was lunchtime I decided to go to the nearby Kentucky Fried Chicken. I got my food and chose a booth to sit in. All of a sudden I thought we were having an earthquake. There was a whole lot of shaking going on. I looked around and nobody looked alarmed, but my booth was definitely shaking like crazy. It was driving me nuts and I could tell it was coming from the booth behind mine. What are those people doing? This most definitely needed further exploration.
So I pretended I needed another napkin and got out of my booth so I could get a better view. I soon discovered the cause of the trembles. The guy sitting with his back to my back had a bouncy knee problem. He just sat there bouncing his knee up and down. I wanted to ask him if he could turn his knee off since he wasn’t really going any place or at least put it in neutral. Maybe he would have trouble getting it started again so I decided It would probably be best if I just moved to the other side of my booth. Which I did, and now my potatoes and gravy were cold.
That wasn’t the only reason they were cold. There was another senior lady there, such as myself, and we got a case of the giggles before it was over with. We kept getting to our booths and then discovering we forgot the straw or the napkin or the honey or the fork to eat with. We were almost bumping into each other with our back and forth trips. Finally I was able to start eating, but my fork was glued into the plastic container with super glue and the lady noticed I was having a problem. She suggested that we put a pair of scissors in our purses the next time. I told her that was very good advice.

7 comments:

frogglet said...

good thing their gravy is good even cold. But if you think forgetting stuff at KFC is embarrassing. I was eating lunch today with my boss, who was here from CA. I was squeezing lemon into my tea and the lemon shot out of my hand and right into my face and then fell onto my shirt. It was one of those classy smooth move only I could pull off.

frogglet said...

oh I forgot to say the waiter saw and then brought me a whole plate of lemons as if I wanted to do that again, lol.

Lorrene said...

Oh my gracious sakes,you must have inherited one of my bad genes. To be a fly on the wall, that had to be hilarous. The waiter must have been waiting for an encore.

Stephanie Frieze said...

I keep a little pair of scissors in a zipper bag in my purse because you never know when you're going to need them. I also carry matches, and a tiny Swiss Army knife.

I had thought that you were going to report that there were jittery preschoolers in the next booth!

Lorrene said...

We also need to keep a tool kit in the kitchen to open the jars and bottles. Somebody gave me an opener to open those vacuumed sealed lids and it really works well. I love it.

Stephanie Frieze said...

I thought of you yesterday when I took my daughter to Burger King for lunch for her birthday. After having a bit or two of her chicken sandwich she decided that she wanted it cut in half. I dug out my little Swiss Army knife, wiped it good with a napkin and cut it for her. I chuckled and thought of you. :-)

Lorrene said...

That is funny. Thanks for sharing.