Saturday, June 12, 2010

Crops are in the Field


People are always trying to find themselves. Personally, I think that is the most ridiculous statement ever made, but I will go along with it for the time being. I did get lost once, as a child, but my parents found me. I have been thinking about it and decided to see if I could find myself. I have come to the conclusion that I want to be a farmer. I have to get up early anyway, to go to the bathroom. I may as well stay up and hoe some weeds.

I decided my choice of crops would be tomatoes. At least for this year. I may decide on something different in the future. I had already planted one tomato plant in a pot. I have to use a pot because I do not have a plow, and it isn’t in the budget this year.

I was at a store yesterday and they had a rack of bedraggled plants. They were marked down because they were on their last leg. So I managed to scrape up 99 cents for another tomato plant. I planted it into a pot right beside Mr. Beef Steak tomato. This one has a real sexy name, Early Girl. My theory is, if tomatoes are anything like people, they will most likely take a liking to each other. Especially if they are the only tomatoes around, they will be drawn to each other. You know, like Adam and Eve.

Everybody knows what will probably happen when Mr. Beef Steak meets Miss Early Girl.
They will want to have children and even if they don’t want to, it will happen anyway.

Happy Farming to all you other farmers!!! May all your tomatoes be as happy as mine are.

1 comment:

Jimh. said...

You definitely have a unique view on life...UNIQUE being the operative word. Funny thing is unique could also be a synonym for strange. Our garden seems stuck in time...we do have some flowers on our tomatoes...but the rest seem to be on "PAUSE." Where is the heat we are supposed to have this time of year?