Monday, December 20, 2010

I ain't no Spring Chicken

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.
Deep dark depression excessive misery.
If it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all.
Gloom, despair and agony on me.

Oh woe is me! Every Tuesday morning I need to go someplace. Doctor appointments. Every weekend mother nature dumps a ton of snow on the driveway. My super nice neighbor always shovels off the driveway for me. The problem is that the garbage man comes on Tuesday mornings. There is no place to set the garbage can except at the end of the driveway because there are banks of snow on either side of the driveway, and we are not supposed to set it in the street. I need to be sure the can is out there early because you never know for certain what time he will show up. So I need to get it out of the way so I can back the car out, and then put the can back in the driveway. And then get in the car and go get the shot and come home and park on the street and drag the empty can back into the garage. Hopefully the can will be emptied by now, if not I have to get the car in the garage and then drag the can back to the end of the driveway. The appointment is for shots to help get rid of my extreme fatigue. I get fatigued just thinking about it all. I have had one shot and it wore off after a couple days, but I guess that’s why I am going to have four of them. To top it all off, I am scared todeath of slipping on the ice and busting my backside.
This is a true story. I wish it wasn’t so true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seem like you have had your share of snow this month. Now don't send it my way !!! We don't need it, we had that last Christmas everyone was stuck in their driveways or down the road,couldn't get anywhere had to seen the troops out to find them.
Love Carol
hope you make it okay!!!

Anonymous said...

That is suppose to be (send)