Monday, February 7, 2011

Life in the Wilds of Oklahoma

Back in the early days our family lived on a farm. Live was simple until one day I observed a snake entering our house through the front door. I was a small kid and just learning how to talk. I would have forgotten this event by now except I heard my mother relate it to everybody she came in contact with for the next 30 years. She was mopping the kitchen floor when I came into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, there is a snake coming in your house". You would have thought it was a Mojave Rattlesnake or maybe an illegal alien from across the border. Mommy went into action. She wielded that mop, soapy water flying all over the house. Bam, bam bam !! She beat that poor snake todeath and then hung it on the clothesline as though it was some kind of trophy. I think we got a new screen door before the sun went down.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is about as bad as the time a bat got into our house. We had a time getting rid of that critter.
There are 4 kinds of snakes I don't like. Big ones, little ones, live ones and dead ones.
Have a super day.