Monday, November 21, 2011

Winter and Other Headaches.

Today it decided to snow some more. I think it's because I had a medical appointment with  a  pain clinic at 9:15. I left the house about 45 minutes early because the streets looked very icy. The streets were somewhat icy, but we have a wonderful street crew in this town. They get out early and start spreading the sand/deicer. It's very much appreciated. By the time I got out of the place, the sun was out and the streets were clear, but wet. I can handle wet.
I was so early, I told the man next to me in the waiting room that I was prepared to camp out there for a long while. I no sooner got the words out of my mouth and I heard my name. I looked around to see who had the same name as me. Then she repeated it with my last name. "Do miracles ever cease" I said to myself. They have a blood pressure machine that almost squeezed my arm off. Other than that things went okay.
I was so glad that I didn't have to hang around for a long time because the last shot I had was terrible painful. So I was really dreading it. The shots (they always give me two) Maybe if you buy two, you get one for free. Anyway the shots today were not nearly as painful as the last time. The doctor is either getting better or I'm getting tougher. That's all the news in my town.

5 comments:

Pamela Kieffer said...

I don't understand - I go to the pain doctor and he gives me 2 injections in my back about every 3 or 4 months depending. I never have any pain afterwards. hmm, that is what I go for.

Lorrene said...

The first set of shots I had were very painful, but today it wasn't bad.

Karen said...

Sooo glad to hear they weren't as painful as the last two. Hopefully they help!

Unknown said...

So far it is unseasonably warm here in NC and I even had shorts on outside with Rocky this weekend. Be careful with that ice.
Odie

Anonymous said...

You seem to be getting a lot of snow this year. glad you made it okay with the snow. We've had rain but no snow glad for that. Hope these's shots start helping you soon.
Lov (sid) Sis