Friday, March 17, 2017

Fries and Coke Cola

Today is the day I decided to treat myself to a hamburger with fries and a Coke. I prefer Pepsi, but we don't get our druthers when it comes Cola. You get what they happen to use. The kids had just been freed from school for the weekend. Every kid now has their own car or a friend that has one. Cars were bumper to bumper and I soon regretted my decision to buy a hamburger especially when I remembered wrecking my last car while on a mission to buy a hamburger, but I haven't had one since I can remember. The kids that weren't in a car were standing on the sidewalk looking at their phones. What is the fascination with a stupid phone? I made it home safely, and the hamburger was delicious. The fries were out of this world. I try to make fries and they are just never all that great. I happened to see a tutorial on how to make fries. You don't just cut the things up and cook them in hot oil. How could I have been so dumb? No, there is a science to it. You probably need a degree in cooking to learn how. For one thing, you need peanut oil. Yes, peanut oil! Olive oil just doesn't cut it. You also put some corn syrup in that peanut oil. I kid you, not. That is what it said. Then you fry the things for five mintues, take them out of the oil and pat the excess oil from them with a paper towel and then set them in your freezer for awhile, I forgot how long. Then you put them in the bubbly hot peanut oil and cook until golden brown. Be careful because they will splatter. The pros have something they add to the oil to keep them from splattering. I have no clue what it is. 
This is my cooking lesson 101. 



No comments: