Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tagged

I have been tagged by Cora from Little Miss Whats her Name.
Here are the rules:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book.
Pick the nearest book!
6. Tag five other people to do the same

The following is from “Stillwater, Where Oklahoma Began” by Robert E Cunningham
I have had the book in my possession since 1969 and just got it out yesterday to read again.
Page 56 Line 5
I cut up old readers, pasting simple words on cardboard, each word on a strip, piled at random in a box. Each child was handed a small pile of these stripes, then I printed a word on a crude blackboard and they were to find that word on their strips. In this way they were taught both reading and spelling.

Lucky People I have chosen to tag.


2Grandma2

Robyn's Randoms

Jens Jingle

The View from my Broom

My Journey through Life




No comments: