Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Not for Sure

If it wasn't for doctors I'd have no life at all. They all call me Retha, my alter ego. I was named Retha Lorrene Lockwood. The family decided to call me Lorrene. If I knew then what I know now I would have insisted on being called Retha.
I just want a normal name that everyone knows how to pronounce and I wouldn't need to remember which name I used when I signed a certain paper. 
I didn't  think much about this name business until recently and my life revolves around doctors and not much of anything else except insurance companies. Sometimes if I want to remain anonymous I sign my name Eula Noodle. I had a baby sister and she died when I was 8 years old. Her name was Eulabell. Don't you know I would have probably pinned Eula Noodle on her. 
Back to insurance companies. I had a sleep study started back in August. They called in a few days and asked me to come in for another one. I didn't think it was necessary so I declined. Not the most intelligent thing I ever did so I later regretted it and after a few months, I decided to go through with it. No problemo, they set me up with a time for it and I slept in their facility wired up like a ticking time bomb. I managed to get enough sleep to determine I have sleep apnea. Again they wanted me to come in for another sleep study so I said okay. They said they would call later and set up a date for it. Finally today they called and said it had been so long since I had first started it the insurance will not pay for it unless I start over by going back to the doctor. I asked if she was sure because that makes no sense at all. She said she wasn't sure and I should call their billing dept and talk to so and so. And what if they don't know for sure. I sure don't know for sure. If I ever find out for sure I may have the sleep study done once more. 



 

No comments: