Monday, July 30, 2018

Plants are Smart

I saw an article in the paper the other day and since I have lost all vision in one eye and can barely see with the other one I don't read anything unless I think it could be vitally important or at least humorous. I don't recall the title of it, but it was something regarding talking to your plants which came under the humorous title for me. So I read it with a magnifying glass.
It said there had been a lot of testing the theory that plants thrive on being talked to. They had found that when music was piped into a nursery the plants were growing much better than the section that didn't have music. They especially like Heavy Rock music. The louder the better and it doesn't even need to be music because any loud noisy works. It didn't mention weeds, but I would advise you to keep your voice down when you're in the yard.
This is my African Violet in full bloom and I swear I did not say  a word to her/him/it.