PRE-AUTOMATIC WASHER INSTRUCTIONS
I found this little jewel in a very old recipe book I've had in my possession for years.
It includes these instructions on how to do the laundry. A mother had sent the following instructions to her newly married daughter. (Spell check had a field day with it)
1. Build a fire in backyard to het kettle of rain water.
2. Set tubs so smoke won’t blow in eyes if wind is pert.
3. Shave 1 hole cake lie sope in biling water.
4. Sort things. Make 3 piles. 1 pile white, 1 pile cullords, 1 pile britches and rags.
5. Stir flour in cold water to smooth, then thin down with biling water.
6. Rub dirty spots on bord, then bile. Rub cullord but don’t bile. Just rench and starch.
7. Take white things out of kettle with broom handle, then rench, blew and starch.
spread tee towels on grass.
8. Hang old rags on fense.
9. Pour rench water on flower bed.
10. Scrub porch with sopy water.
11. Scrub privee seat and floor, with sopy water caught from porch scrub.
12. Turn tubs upside down.
13. Go put on clean dress. Sooth hair with side combs. Brew up tea, set and rest a spell and count blessins.
YYYYSO MUCH FOR THE GOOD OLD DAYSYYYY