Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Rainy Day

How does one save for a rainy day or any day? Prices rise and the income stands still. The only thing I've been able to save is a plastic bag full of plastic bags. I seem to save shoes because I never throw away a shoe. I might wear those again someday! Someday hasn't come yet. 
Today I paid big money to have my underground irrigation pipes cleared out so they won't freeze and break in the Winter. I called this morning and they said they could do it today. So when I expect someone to come I can't seem to forget about it and get on with my day. No, I am constantly looking out to see if they are here yet. I even ate lunch in the living room so I could look out the window for the pipe blower. He didn't come until nearly five o'clock. Well, thank goodness he came today so I won't have to start looking for him tomorrow. I think it's an old age thing, I don't remember caring about such things when I was in my prime. In my prime? When was that?

I just love this picture and now that it's October I will show it again, that little great grandaughter is now 10 years old.

2 comments:

nothoughtsnoprayersnonothing said...

I wish more people in their prime would think about the Rainy Days! I don't own every little gadget or go here there and everywhere.
I save all those grocery plastic bags ... roll them up tight and stuff them somewhere. I'm thinking they will make good padding for boxes if I ever had to move.

I remember an old great aunt who saved every paper bag. And as a child I recall my mom and others thinking she was eccentric etc. Now that I am an old great aunt, I think she knew a thing or two!!

Lorrene said...

That's a great idea for the plastic bags. For awhile there was talk about discontinue making them because they never disintegrate. I guess they decided to let the next generations deal with it.