Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stuff Happen

Stuff happens. I was reclined in my recliner when out of the blue a big brown spider found his way upon the arm of my chair. We eyeballed each other for a nano-second. I leaped out of my chair without the aid of the chair lift, walker, cane or any of those aids for the disabled. I made three giant leaps through the living room, kitchen and utility room, where I found the fly slayer. I returned very cautiously. That spider was on death row, he just didn’t realize it, or maybe he did because he was now on the lam. He had taken a hike so I decided to wait him out. Sure enough here he comes again. He is on the arm of another chair this time. I grab the swatter, take aim and swat, but I didn’t have a very good bead on him and it just knocked him across the room. At least he will have a good headache. I got up to look for him and there he was, just lying there, waiting for his doom very motionless. I took care of his doom. Bam! Bam! Bam! I wanted to make sure he was dead as possible and while I was beating him up I heard a ping sound against the wall. I had begun to calm down a little so I gingerly step over and bend down to get a better look and it was a little brown rock. The spider is still on the lam.   


6 comments:

Keri said...

hahhaha! THanks for the laugh this morning! So funny!!!

Anonymous said...

That was exciting,you do still have it in you after all!!!
Sis

Kelly said...

TOO funny!!!

Jimh. said...

Spiders are homicidal maniacs if you believed Cora. Sounds like you got a work out!

Mike Starring said...

Ha ha, and just think...some people might worry that you might be bored sitting in your chair alone! No way!

Anonymous said...

I get called out on Arachnid Police Actions about once a week. I find toilet paper cleans up the situation nicely.......
Dr. D