Thursday, April 15, 2021

My Rolling Life

Life rolls right along at a snail's pace when you reach this age. I sometimes reminisce about my younger age. I went to bed around nine and went to sleep within five minutes and slept the entire night and was not interrupted by potty calls. Woke up in the morning by the annoying alarm clock. Crawled out of bed and into the shower. Come rain or shine it was a shower every morning. I put a slice of bread in the toaster and went to the corner of our property to get the newspaper out of the box and the toast had popped up by the time I came back in.That was my breakfast most mornings. I could read the paper without the magnifying glass. Then I worked the crossword puzzle. I always worked the crossword puzzle and still do. It's the only reason I take the paper these days and I have decided to discontinue the paper when the subscription runs out. I can't justify paying so much for a puzzle when I can go to the dollar store and buy a whole book of them. 
I had a husband during those years and his job was always earlier than mine so he would get up and eat his breakfast and make his lunch and be gone by the time I got up. He read the paper at night. He read every word in the paper. I can only imagine how much he would have loved the Internet and the world wide web. He passed away at age 70 from heart problems and diabetes. Back in those days you only went to a doctor when you were sick. So one day he had a heart attack. A nurse was giving me a bad time because I didn't tell them that my husband had diabetes so I told her I didn't know he had diabetes. He had open heart surgery and was one the first to have it. We had to fly to Portland, Oregon to have it done. It was very new at that time and Portland was the nearest place to us. Seattle wasn't even doing it.
Well, now it's past my bedtime.
So goodnight!!
A couple years ago

No comments: