Tuesday, April 13, 2021

More Wind (sorry, I just need to vent)

It's another day in the rocking chair, my hearing is going, the eyesight is fixing to leave, (that is redneck speech) My back is fixing to quit on me. I'm fixing to pull the curtain myself. Don't get alarmed! I would never do that. I sit around and think about things a lot. The other day I remembered the time I was about 15 and it was different then, your parents knew you would be safe roaming the streets down town and my bestie friend and I went to the bowling alley and played some games. We ran into some friends there and were having a great time so we decided to go to another place to see what was happening and decided to use the restroom first. I was thinking this is so much fun and was happy as could be and when I came out of the restroom my so-called friends had ran out and left me on purpose.  My heart sank to my feet, sudden despair. I cried all the way home and I am not kidding snot and tears running down my face. Met other people on the sidewalk and I didn't care. It was the most hurtful thing that has ever happened to me to this day. I still remember it vividly, but I haven't even thought of for years until recently.

One of the closer friends finally got in touch later and apologised and said she didn't want to and wished she wouldn't have been a part of it. We ended up being friends. We even corresponded until her death several years ago. Her name was Elsie. 

I think this is the first time I have ever told anyone about it and now the whole world can know it for all I care. 

I guess I'll peddle on outta here! Till next time.



No comments: