Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Time Waits for No One


One fine June day in 1946 I arrived in Yakima, Wa from Stillwater, Okla.                              I looked like this.

I was standing in front of an apple tree or it could have been a Cherry tree. I was 17 and just married. Back in that era women and girls wore dresses. Even in the cold winter, we had to wear those dresses to school. We could wear long stockings but not pants. You had to wear a harness, like a horse, to fasten those stockings to.
I guess it didn't hurt me, I'm still here. I wish the picture was in better condition.
When I was a child we lived on a farm in the country but moved to town when I started to highschool. I didn't know a soul and was not a happy camper. I didn't even try to make friends. I guess I thought they would come to me. Tell your kids it doesn't work that way. If you want a friend, you make the move. I finally managed to make one friend, we remained friends and kept in touch by mail until she went to the great beyond a few years ago. I always found someone to be a close friend with. 

Now, I'm past my prime and do nothing but waste time. 
It's beginning to get dark a little earlier. I hate the short days but maybe the smoke will take a hike for a while anyway. 
Goodbye until we meet again.

I guess I should add that I started out in Oklahoma and am now in Washington state for those that might care. 


No comments: