Monday, June 27, 2022

Old Age


I never thought I'd get here but I have arrived. Well, it ain't no day at the park. About all I do is sit in my rocker recliner and wish I could die. Kenny came and spent some time with me today and I deeply appreciated it. I shared a memory with him that I had not thought of in years. We had a neighbor that lived across the street from us and her name was Mrs. Youngblood. Back in the day when adults were known as Mr. or Mrs. Whoever. He was four years old and couldn't remember her name so he called her Mrs. Blood Vessel. I thought it was funny so I told Mrs. Youngblood about it and she laughed so hard I thought she might burst a blood vessel.
We had good times back then. One day I told my son, Mel, that we are getting neighbors in the vacant house across the street and they have a little boy about your age. He came over to the window and looked over there then he went into his room and put on a jacket and didn't say a word to me but went straight over there and the Dad pulled a red wagon off of their loaded trailer and gave to them and they became friends and they are still very good friends to this day.

 


This is us and our Grands, Deena and Trent

No comments: