Wednesday, May 22, 2019

All I Want For Christmas


I just survived a nightmare of embarrassment. Chris and I decided to go out for lunch and then shop a bit.  We were enjoying a plate of Chinese food when I strangled on a sip of water and had a choking fit. Just got that settled down and took a bite of sweet Sour Pork and soon realized I had some loose teeth in my mouth. I know it sounds gross and it was. I wear dentures and the teeth broke out. How cute was I? I was even cuter without any upper at all. Two and a half teeth in the front broke off. We spent the rest of the day finding a tooth mechanic. Finally found one on the far side of town. The first thing I was asked for was my Id. l, lwaalways pay attention to your intuituation. Before I left home this morning I decided not to carry a purse so as I was putting my debit card in my pocket I also put my ID in my pocket just in case and this is the clincher, I felt I might need my Visa card. Never in a million years would I ever take a Visa card to go to lunch and mayby buy some yarn. Was that the guardian angel they say we all have or what. The first thing they asked for was my ID. I whipped that out and the first thing I asked was , how much is this going to cost, Then I whipped out the Visa card. It saved the day. It would take about three and a half hours and they would be ready. We killed a lot of time at a Dairy Queen eating ice cream. We also drove around some and found the old apartment house I lived in while my husband was in Japan in the military. my oldest was a baby then. Lots of reminiscensing. I saved the teeth, they go under my pillow tonight for the tooth fairy.




















No comments: