Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Age Changes Everything

Age changes everything. When you arrive you don't even know who you are or where you came from or why and when you get old you still don't know where you came from or why. 
 What we do know is everything changes year after year and we hang on for dear life. We learn things as we go along, but usually, we learn the hard way. 
When I was young and dumb I decided to smoke because almost everyone I knew smoked. Even my husband and maybe I got addicted to the smoke because I was soon making my own smoke. I said all that to say this. The smoking ruined my teeth and I had to wear dentures. I just looked it up and smoking is very bad for your teeth. 
I needed dentures and my Dentist said he could make them for me and he made them. He had never made dentures before and they were horrible. I couldn't even bite into a sandwich and they made me look funny. When I went to a regular denturist they were shocked at how horrible they were. 
Dentures wear out and I was in another pair. I can't remember how many sets I have had over the years. 
It is now time for another set. My lower denture broke into when I took a bite of crispy bacon. It can't be repaired and when I made an appointment to go to a denturist I was told that they do not make just a lower and they only make a full set. I made an appointment with them. I couldn't hardly eat anything without a lower denture and today I finally remembered I had saved my old ones and found a very good one that fits and feels fine except when I try to eat something. They don't fit properly so I can't eat and I kind of like to eat so I will get uppers and lowers.


No comments: