Monday, November 23, 2020

The Way It Is

It's time for a change in the political arena. I just listen to their noise and hope for an improvement. 

There is not much to do in these days of my golden years. The body is worn out and sitting in a chair is about all I'm good at anymore. The memory is somewhat undependable. I sit at the table to eat a meal and think of something I forgot to get out of the Fridge so I get out of the chair and by the time I get to the Fridge I forgot what I was there for so I stand there to think about it. I look in the Fridge hoping I will see what I am there for. Then I notice something that needs to be thrown out so I take care of that. You get the picture, that is how the whole day goes.

I had to get new dentures and what a nightmare that was. The next thing on the agenda is a lost hearing aid. Those things are so outlandishly priced it's ridiculous. $1600 for one hearing aid. 

Taking the mask off is the problem. I'm sure that is what happened and I was very careful and thought I was making sure I didn't pull it out. Anyway, it's gone, but when I went to a different place to check on the price of a new one, she checked the one aid I still had and adjusted it and for the first time since I've had it I can hear so much better then I could before. In fact, I think I can hear okay with just the one aid. I am going to make it work. The place I had been going to just didn't know how to adjust them. No wonder I was their only customer. 

My Homeowners insurance doesn't cover it. The clerk told me that you need to have a separate insurance policy to cover it. 

I just thought I'd share my gripes with you. 



I Kid you not, this is exactly how I look, cane and all.


No comments: