Saturday, November 7, 2020

Time Crawls


Dying seems so final nobody wants to do it, but if they knew what old age feels like they may not want to go there either. 
Since I am now officially old I can tell you that you still don't want to die. Well, you're going to miss everybody, that's why. It's one reason. 
I can't think of any other reasons now. 
It's been a long day. One day recently I was thinking you never see anyone with a flat tire these days. That must have been a premonition because the other day when Chris and I were out and about doing important things we had a flat tire, flatter than a pancake. and what can we do? Kenny had no vehicle, not even a riding lawnmower. Remember George Jones, the singer with the drinking problem. He rode one to town to get more booze. Since Kenny couldn't do anything we called everyone we could think of. We didn't know how to change a tire and we didn't want to learn how that day. It was freezing cold and I only wore a light jacket because I knew I would be in the car and besides that, I had to pee. Everybody does from time to time. 
I tried to call Deena and for some reason, the phone kept dialing Molly, my granddaughter that lives in Ellensburg, several miles away. The stupid phone. Molly kept saying, you got Molly again. 
Chris thought of someone else and he could help us but it would be a while before he could. So we waited and when he came the tire was a problem because something had glued to the tire and he couldn't break it loose. I forgot to mention she had run over a curb just before the flat and it was that tire that was flat, flatter than a pancake. That was why he couldn't change the tire but he had what he needed but it was in a storage shed on 48th. So we cooled our heels while he went to the storage shed and I still needed to pee. 
When he came back he whammed the daylights out of it and finally broke it loose. Well, maybe you needed to be there to see exactly what was stuck to the tire. It all ended well and I relieved my bladder and thawed the ice cycles that were hanging on me. 
Home never looked so good. 


No comments: